Skip to main content
手機按鈕

History

In 1955, A-Kung-Tien Reservoir Soil and Water Conservation Workstation, established by the then Water Conservancy Bureau of the Department of Reconstruction, Taiwan Provincial Government.

A-Kung-Tien Reservoir, first established in 1942, and completed for operation in 1953, was the island's first multi-purpose reservoir. With flood control as its main function, A-Kung-Tien also plays a secondary role of irrigation and water supply. Since the watershed of the reservoir is carpeted with naked mudstones, it has the largest volume of silt accumulation. Accordingly, the Water Conservancy Bureau of Taiwan Provincial Government, in 1955, established the Soil and Water Conservation Workstation to take charge of the Soil and Water conservation task.。

In 1965, changed subordination as the 6th Office of Bureau of Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry, Agriculture Department of Taiwan Provincial Government

In April 1965, since effective development of agriculture and husbandry resources on slopelands was required to meet new governmental policy shift to economic development and releasing of increased pressure of population growth, A-Kung-Tien Reservoir was reinstituted as the 6th Office of Bureau of Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry among all 8 offices under the subordination of the Bureau of Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry, Agriculture Department of Taiwan Provincial Government, with its main business concentrating on the promotion of slopeland soil and water conservation and on the guidance of agriculture and husbandry management.

In 1974, reinstituted as the 4th Office of Bureau of Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry, Agriculture Department of Taiwan Provincial Government

To strengthen business promotion, the Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry Bureau decided to merge some of the offices. The original 6th Office was reinstituted as the "4th Office of Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry Bureau" with Section 1, 2 and 3 and personnel and accounting units, to actively promote various soil and water conservation businesses.

In 1989, reinstituted as the 4th Engineering Office of Water Conservancy Bureau of Agriculture Department, Taiwan Provincial Government

In December 1989, to strengthen mountain management and disaster prevention, and various soil and water conservation tasks, the Mountain Region Agriculture and Husbandry Bureau changed name to Soil and Water Conservancy Bureau and the 4th Office was subsequently changed as "the 4th Engineering Office of Soil and Water Conservancy Bureau" with an additional General Affairs Office under its subordination, title of the head of the bureau was renamed from "director" to "president." The rest of organization remained almost unchanged to retain it original form.

In 1999, reinstituted as the 4th Engineering Office of the Soil and Water Conservation Bureau of Agriculture Council due to organization downsizing of Taiwan Provincial Government

On July 1, 1999, the downsizing of the Provincial Government restituted the 4th Engineering Office to the subordination of Agriculture Council of the Executive Yuan while maintaining it original name of Soil and Water Conservancy Bureau unchanged.

In 2008, the Soil and Water Conservation Bureau of Agriculture Council began to reorganize

On June 2, 2008, the 4th Engineering Office renamed as Tainan Branch due to reorganization of the Bureau.